Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Preface (part I)

First blog on the new site. Any followers would probably want to know a little bit about me. I am 20 years old and so far have had a pretty amazing life. I had some struggles as a teen, but then again, that seems pretty common. I rebelled and kicked back at my parents on a pretty regular basis, seemingly without much reason at all. Most of the time I was getting grounded over going to some party that I was miserable at, or for losing my virginity to a guy I hated. Maybe I loved misery at the time. Not so much anymore. I've had a fair amount of it, and pretty much hate it. I tried the whole college thing on and off, and it hasn't seemed to work out just yet, but I have faith that one day I will make it happen for me, because I want it to. I dated one super nice guy at the end of my senior year of high school and into college, but I guess one day I just realized I didn't care for him the way I thought I did. I got into this really great college club that was probably the funnest times of my life and have bonded me to the University of Oklahoma for life! Sadly, I moved on from Oklahoma, mostly from homesickness and mostly for a guy. The worst guy of them all. The kind of guy that destroys a girl and turns her into everything she thought she'd never become. I put up with abuse and pain because I thought it made love seem stronger. I was oh so wrong and will never make that mistake again! 2 years later with my head on straight I found the greatest guy of them all, Bobby, who all followers will hear tons about! Anyway, unfortunetly before I found Mr. Right, Mr. Wrong pulled me down in a hard way. He introduced me to bad people and I started doing bad things, like drugs, that I struggle to forget to this day. This is why I am so hard on myself sometimes. I am terrified of resorting back to the bottom. BUT, I have high hopes that this will NEVER happen. I have some Really amazing things to be proud and thankful of.
For starters I have a wonderful family - yes, the same family I struggled against once upon a time. I started off with one awesome little brother with Down syndrome, but now I have two! Two blessings, two handfuls. Ethan is 7 and Luka is 4. My mom and stepdad, Aaron adopted Luka over the summer and he has been a part of the family ever since! I also have an older brother who has a kid of his own, Alex. All very cool little dudes.
I also am very grateful for the life I've made for myself thus far! I met a girl today is Tongan and said basically they live with their parents until they get married, and she was jealous that I knew how to take care of myself so well. I have my own apartment, well I share with my amazing guy, BOBS, and we have lots of nice furniture. I have my own car with my own insurance and everything I have is thanks to me (with a little love and support from the parents every now and then, but I've started off strong).
I will have to continue the preface later, because Bobby and I started this new workout program called Power90x and its a daily thing. Today the workout is called Kenpo and it's an hour and a half. Seeing as how it's 12:20a.m., Bobby is buggin me to get started : P
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment