Tuesday, July 7, 2009

21...NOT my last milestone

I still have important things to look forward to in life. . . This I know is true. Still, turning 21 was bittersweet, with emphasis on the "bitter". I have never felt so grownup and upset about it! As I showered the other day, I felt a sense that I didn't have much left to look forward to. This may indicate how truly NOT-grown up I am. Yes, it is immature to believe that it is downhill from 21. But I couldn't help feel sad that my childhood was somehow gone. Perhaps this happened long ago, but there is something so adolescent about sneaking booze and doing the whole underage drinking deal. Yes, it is somewhat a relief that that part of my life is over with. So without feeling too much like my life is over, I had to remind myself of some huge milestones that will reign huge in my life:
  • Engagement - I assume this is my next milestone. Not to strike fear into my boyfriend's eyes, but he knows and I know, it's inevitable. I'm in no hurry of course, but I know this will be huge in my life. I will have so much fun planning, coordinating, blushing, and doing all that other girly pre-wedding stuff
  • Nursing Degree - This should take about 2 1/2 to 3 years from now to complete. I am so stoked and just hope that I can find an awesome job to take my salary up to a "Real" job salary with benefits and paid time off and all that other awesome stuff
  • Buying my first house - Surely to be done with the hubby. I want a suburban 3 bedroom, 2+ bath with a decent backyard and spacious kitchen.
  • Baby!! - Yes this I hope is in this order. After marriage, career and home purchase. I thought I just wanted one, but maybe I want 2. To be discussed with hubby.

I will stop there because that's already so much my head could explode.

So for 21, I did the typical...Got way too drunk for my own good and ended up having to call in sick at work the next morning. Sorry to employers. Yes, the guilt trip was noticed and unappreciated.

Farewell for now.

1 comment:

  1. You're so right! There's a lot to look forward to after 21.

    ReplyDelete