Friday, July 10, 2009

My Personal Pros and Cons of Spinal Adjustments

I somewhat promote, somewhat warn against chiropractic adjustments. I promote because wow, there is nothing like feeling ur back, neck, skull crack in places you didn't know existed...I warn because they can be terribly addictive. Once you feel that "ahhhh" feeling after the perfect pop from C1 to L5 there is an overwhelming sense of ease. All that tension and stress building up over the busy work week lets out with the sound and the relief is incredible.

But (and this is a bittersweet subject) these pops can leave you feeling twice as tense when it's a Saturday and there is no chiropractor in sight to alleviate this feeling! You know how good you could feel, if only there were a DC in reach. Instead you're left with a feeling of tightness, stranded until you can get in first thing Monday.

Here is my problem. I work for a chiropractor. I get adjustments free as pretty much the only perk...Whenever the doc isn't busy and I'm feeling some strain, I have first dibs - - after all of his patients, and his wife of course. I suppose this gives me last dibs. Perhaps that is the problem. At the very end of the day when ther is free time, I'm ready to go home. I am rarely anxious to stay at work for another minute. But then I get home and find myself with that urge to free my back of its discomfort, so I decide I will mention it as soon I get to work the next day. Back at work the next morning, it is too busy and well, there goes another work day when I missed an opportunity for an adjustment.

So now it's Friday. We get out at 1 p.m. and we have been exceptionally busy (nevermind I'm sitting at my desk blogging). I see us being busy until the very end. Yes, that clock will strike 1p.m. and I will be overly ready to get out the door, I will forget, yet again, that a long weekend lies ahead with no chance of relief...
Addictive I tell you...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm I have never tried this. I am really curious to now!

    ReplyDelete