Monday, July 20, 2009

My 3 Day Weekend

Typically I wouldn't post about what I did over the weekend, but I guess I'm really that dry as far as ideas!



For starters, it was a 3-day weekend. Yay for me, my boss let me have Friday off since we didn't have any patients scheduled. Thursday night is difficult to recall, but I'm pretty sure there was beer involved...Ahhhh, I remember! I went to hang out with my friend Nicole whom I haven't seen in over a year. Nicole was one of those friends who saw me through some pretty difficult times when I wasn't always a good friend, but we have an undeniable connection with each other. Not trying to sound all Lezzy... Anyway...So I met her up at Razzoo's - undoubtedly my favorite of chain restaurants - and there we sat at the bar with some of her friends and we shot the breeze. We also shot tequila. It was the first night I think I've gone out without Bobby. I'm sure he appreciated that I crawled into bed wasted after driving myself home foolishly. (Sarcasm, people.)

Friday was awesome because Bobby and I were off together all day. I imagine days like these are going to be what our weekends are like once he starts his new job. Actually, this makes me nervous because the day turned out to be quite expensive! We had to drive to Las Colinas so that he could get fingerprinted for CitiGroup - yes, Dell is his employer, but since he works in the CitiGroup building, they require additional drug testing and background checks. They consider themselves Fort Knox over there! The security was insane. Afterward, we went to Kohl's (this trip was planned ahead of time) and spend $450 on new clothes for Bobby. We got him some more dress slacks, some polos for the summer, long-sleeve dress shirts with ties for the winter, new belts, undershirts, socks, underwear, and some Nunn Bush dress shoes. The brand of the shoes has the most hilarious name! Nunn Bush...really...? Anyway, I also got a new purse which I really needed, but Bobby convinced me to get a really nice one and I love him for buying it for me. I did a lot of lounging for the rest of the day, but Bobby ran around doing errands for another hour or two. We decided to go see Harry Potter - The Half-Blood Prince at 9:30 at our favorite place - The Movie Tavern. This was the first time I was able to drink there (since I'm newly 21), but yet again, the waiter did not even ID me. I swear I could've been getting away with underage drinking for years.

Saturday I spend the day at the pool - my parents pool to be precise. They drove down to Houston to drop my cousin off (she had been staying with my parents for a week) and to see my older brother, his wife and my nephew, Alex. I had the place to myself. I swam around and did exactly what I think my parents would want me to do with their house - Use it. I turned on the outdoor TV, sat in the sun, read my book, burned some calories in the pool, ate their food, walked around like I owned the place. This is always fun. I'm saving up to buy this house from them one day - if they'll ever sell. They came home later that night, but I was already pretty tipsy. My stepdad drove Bobby and I home - against Bobby's sober will. Better safe than sorry!

Since my car was at my parents' house, they had to pick me up for church, which was great. We heard such a good message about being God's clay. I carried it around with me all day and later drunkingly brought it up in an argument with a guy out at our apartment complex pool. That sounds a little unChristianly of me, doesn't it? Not only did I get drunk on a Sunday, I also argued, and threw in scripture around several "F" bombs. Ultimately the guy backed off though. I started drinking around 4p.m. with my friend Nicole (haven't seen her in a year, and now I see her 2X a week!) and a bunch of people who live in our community. The good thing about drinking at our pool is we get to walk home - thankfully. At about 10:30, after a couple of games of drunken volleyball, some of them ran to the store and got meat to grill out. Meat and corn. Seriously, I ate some of the best chicken I've ever had - and it had nothing to do with the fact that I was completely snockered and in the most chipper of drunk moods. (Sarcasm agian, people.)

I am sure this goes without saying, but I'm not feeling all that well this morning. I still feel drunk and dizzy, my eyes look tired and feel bloodshot! BUT, I am at work all the same. Seriously regretting my decisions last night. I took Zoey over to one of our neighbors and I think she had a good doggy time with the other dog that was there. I think someone might have let her drink beer or something, because this morning she was acting very sluggish and lethargic. I hope she just had sympathy for her Mommy because I'd feel bad if someone got her drunk. She is but a wee puppy!

Anyway, hopefully when my hangover wears off, I will have something better to say...

1 comment:

  1. Blah I hate hangovers. Your weekend sounds fun though! It seems that when the BF and I spend lots of quality time together we just end up spending a lot of money too.

    ReplyDelete