Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Here and Now (A starter)

Many things exist that I will never see
Books I will never read
Music I will never know
Landscapes to which I will never go

Friends will arrive, then leave me
People will deceive me
I will brake hearts
My life filled with false-starts

Never will I be the smartest human
Many lies I will see truth in
Times myself I will fail
And inner beauty will not always avail

Some people that pass I will never get to meet
I will not turn down every street
Memories will get lost within
Crimes I will committ as well as sins

Not every goal had will be achieved
Not every pain relieved
I will not always do my best
I will scramble my life into a mess

But what is life, if not lessons learned
And wisdom earned?
Experience, not the wisest teacher?
Repurcussions from sin not the most effective preacher?

Moments filled with tears and sorrow
Losses that leave me hollow
Triumphs that define my life
Will outweight the times filled with strife

Tribulations and trials shape and define
Leave a scar, a mark, a bruise, a line
At the end of my life I will say
I did what I did, I made my mistakes

Like every human that lived before me
I will eventually see
Our time on this earth
Is not even close to the afterlife's worth

No comments:

Post a Comment